Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Excuse

I will show you guys my excuse for not having posted anything in quite a while. In 4 days I spent 18 hours pulling weeds, plus a few hours here and there on some other days. I thought my knees were never gonna go back to normal! My left foot was numbish/tingly for a day or two. Anyway. Pictures of the aftermath!
 
The reason it took me so long to weed everything was because there was crab grass and just regular grass pretty much completely swallowing ALL the flower beds. I would sit at one spot for almost an hour sometimes, because there were tiiiiny little plants tangled in with the weeds so I couldn't just take a shovel and hack it all up.
 
Do any of you green thumbs know if this is a weed or not? At first I thought it was, but then I second-guessed myself because it's only growing in two flower beds.

 I wish I could take the credit for planting some of these beauties! I wish I had inherited my mother and grandmother's green thumb.

I have lots of garden tea growing! =D
 
 I also spents several hours "mulching" my flower beds with grass that I mowed. I learned that from my intensely frugal mom. ;)

The lady certainly knew what she was doing with all these flowers. Hopefully my flower slaying reputation will be a blurry memory of the past.


So many little green plants are shooting up! I'm wondering what those really tall ones are going to be.

 
I LOVE my birch tree.

This is the front of my house now. At the moment these are looking kinda sad. But there's some stuff popping up. =)



I think this is a lilac bush at the side of my house!

I had to think of you, Heather, knowing how much you love lilacs. Come and I will share with you.

And this is the other side of my house. The gate goes into the back yard.

Just to leave on a good note: At the moment I am sitting here with my hair drenched in a coconut oil/honey/egg/avocado mixture, with a plastic bag wrapped around my head to hold in the moisture. It looks amazing.

17 comments:

  1. Um ok seriously! Enough gorgeousness in that last picture to keep us missing you for years! :P Beautiful flowers, woman! Now I understand why you were so busy! I wish my landscaping was that pretty! And isn't it nice to OWN trees? ...and houses and all that? ;) I like your front windows. Cute gate!! Random comments award goes to Tonia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you make me lol. =D Yes it's so nice owning this stuff! It makes me more determined to take care of it. And yes I love the gate!

      Delete
  2. If you think your mother has a green thumb, you are sadly mistaken. Enjoyed looking at all your flower beds. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, it's a good thing you have a bag over your hair so no one mistakes your hair as a food group. Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you do have a green thumb! Yea that could get awkward if complete strangers walked up to me and started nibbling on my hair.

      Delete
  4. Carolyn HostetlerMay 5, 2015 at 4:43 PM

    So glad you started a blog. You have to update often so we don't get so homesick. Looking forward to seeing what kind of flowers come up.....and yep I have a black thumb. I either forget to water them or drown them. We need pics of the whole front of your house, also inside. Does your house include a nursery, and I don't mean one with flowers and shrubs. Can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're homesick for Montana?? I know how to fix that! I'm waiting to post pictures of the inside until I finish painting stuff... I kinda put it on hold because the weeds were going crazy and I figured they'll swallow the whole house soon. haha no but it does have a GREAT backyard for a puppy!

      Delete
  5. Can you guess which photo is my favorite?????? hahahahah I guess you have been a busy little beaver, but isn't it fun at the same time,. You feel so accomplished after you are done. By the time you are done you will have two green thumbs..lol The plant you are trying to figure out if it is a plant or not looks very familiar. I'm going to show mom and get back with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... the lilacs? haha. ;) Yea it feels good to put work into it and know it's YOURS. Not the landlord's. Oh ok! There's a lot of them in clumps and they have really super short roots. They pull out really easily, it's just a pain cause there's so many clumped together.

      Delete
  6. Last Friday at this time we were at the beach TOGETHER. Ke-e-e-e-elly, Ke-e-e-e-elly, come home, Kelly, come home! Come home!! (Sing to the tune of Snoopy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha wow thank you so much for getting that tune in my head! But I wish we could still be together. =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn HostetlerMay 18, 2015 at 8:22 AM

    Was nice to see my adventurous niece again.......however there is a difference between adventure and stupid. Just saying. When in doubt on your adventures whether you are putting safety first, just call me. Haha. Don't you just love that you have many Mom's back in Ohio trying to tell you how to live your life. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks for the tip. ;) Yea since my mom obviously doesn't worry about me and warn me nearly as much as she should, it's so nice to have 50 others to make up for it!

      Delete
  9. Carolyn HostetlerMay 19, 2015 at 9:11 AM

    We aim to please. It's time to venture out and take some gorgeous pics of the beauty surrounding your area and post them on here. Examples......Mission Mountains, Flathead Lake, Glacier, Wildlife, Flowers from your area, EVERYTHING. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly.....I expected you to blog at least once a week of your coming and goings along with pictures. You may think what you did for the week is boring.......but not to us who are so far away from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well thanks to you and my mom's persuasive words, I'm now working on another post. But did you really want to see "well this is me making supper, and this is me going grocery shopping at Rosauers, and this is me hanging out with Daryl's friends." haha ;)

      Delete
  11. Absolutely!!

    ReplyDelete